- Easy removal & fit using a stretchable, trimmable & replaceable silicon neck sealing ring.
- One size fits all with an offset neck opening allowing patients to recline in comfort (silicon adjustable)
- Uses standard ISO 22 mm fittings
- Easy access magnetic door flap to assist patient without removing thehood during nursing procedures or emergencies
- Clear see through hood for easy patient monitoring
- Comfortable, lightweight design making the hood more tolerable for the patient to use (reducing the risks associated with both extended face mask & endotracheal intubation use).
- Nylon webbing underarm straps with buckles for easy removal & adjustment for good fit.
The CPAP hood offers low-cost non-invasive support for patients suffering with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (Difficulty with breathing) associated with Covid-19. This is achieved by placing a reasonably airtight hood over the patients' head which allows medical personnel to feed pure oxygen at slightly higher than atmospheric pressure. This extra oxygen keeps the patient's alveoli in the lungs open keeping seriously ill patients off ventilators. The added feature of the hood, is that it contains the exhaled virus which can then be filtered through a Viral Filter so that the virus is not spread through the air, as the CO2 & excess oxygen is expired through the vent (PEEP Valve) to atmosphere
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Store Name: ESG Medical Equipment
- Vendor: Janice Viljoen
- Address: 26 Barney Road Benrose Johannesburg 2094
- No ratings found yet!